Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Weekend catch-up

This past Thursday, I went to an ASD support group. They meet once a month and let me tell you, it was the best thing ever!! Not that I don't have support from the people around us but to talk with other moms that know exactly what you're talking about, share their stories, experiences and a lot of laughs. It was indeed the best thing ever!   

On Friday, we had an early movie night. I even ordered in a pizza, I haven't ordered pizza in a long while... Long enough that Jaelon asked why the pizza was in a box, which actually makes me feel really good. So we had a pizza picnic and watched Frosty the Snowman. Then Grandpa picked him up and off he went for a sleep over at Grandma and Grandpa's.  I get a kid-less weekend and it snows, plans fell through and that was that. But I did get a kid-less weekend, so it's all good!

Yesterday, we just went to the mall. It was going great so Jaelon got to see Santa or I should say show Santa his buses. We had a good morning and the rest of the day, well not so good.... Someone had to have quiet time in his room for the first time in a few weeks and that was how the day went.

 BUT today is a new day, it's a school day and our first time walking to school with snow. I'm not looking forward to it but boy-o is.  It amazes me the amount of parents that drive their kids to school when they are within walking distance and I'm sure that number is going to be bigger with the snow here.  

That said, it's time to get moving for the day. Until tomorrow, keep warm!!!


No comments: