Monday, October 3, 2011

Weekend wrap up-- Happy Monday!!

After a somewhat gloomy weekend, weather wise, we head into a new week.  Saturday was a fun day, going grocery shopping and getting up to the register to pay for everything only, to find I've left my wallet in the diaper bag at home.  Thankfully my roommate had money to cover me until we got back.  There's something I've never done before and boy did I feel silly!! Sunday was rainy and cold all day, so once again I get out some craft stuff to do with Jaelon. Surprise, he was into colouring this time, he sat and coloured for an hour!!! Yes, I was pretty excited, maybe soon he'll be into gluing and painting more.... Maybe.. I won't rush it!!  He did like helping to make the soft pretzels, a recipe I got from another mom, until his hands got dirty from the flour. So he was done helping pretty quick!

Today, looks like it could be another rainy day. So my plan to head out and continue cleaning up the backyard could be scrapped. But we could go for a walk in the rain, as long as it's just rain and not storming.  I finally have the pediatrician's referral so I can apply for subsidized daycare. I hope this does not take too long, I would love for Jaelon to be in daycare. Around other children and his speech development (which is quite behind) will improve so so much. So I've gotta get a rush on putting that referral in.  

This week is a short week.... Well for those out working, my weeks are never short and now that I think about it, I really don't get a "weekend".  Anyways, this week seems like I've got it jam packed with things to do. Playgroups, swimming, playdate, library, somewhere in there I've got to finish the backyard, then off to my mom's for Thanksgiving... Well minus the cleaning up the backyard I guess it's not jam packed. It's a normal week, Jaelon's a busy boy!!

 I noticed a few mom's are taking on a challenge that goes for 90 days with their kids. It sounds fun and a good way to get outside, even if it's cold (which is not my favourite time to be out). I'll have to "creep" their blogs again to see what it's all about.  I could do that... I will do that... Yes, I'm pretty sure I could do that... It's for Jaelon so I CAN do that. Details later!!


Until tomorrow, keep smiling!

Rox

No comments: