Thursday, February 16, 2012

Second eye surgery!

This past Monday was Jaelon's second eye surgery. He was born with (I've always referred to as) a type of lazy eye, called Intermittent Exotropia, Here is a quick read up on it if you're interested.  His first surgery was back in May 2011 and it was very rough sailing, this second surgery went nice and smooth. Such a drastic change and not at all what I was expecting but I was prepared this time so that may have helped a bit.  He's recovered well, though not right back into his playful self, he was happy (except when it was time for eye drops!) and hungry!!!  Yesterday, we went out and registered him for Parent & Tot gymnastics and swimming, had a quick visit with Papa at work and had a healthy and tasty lunch at the Market (A grilled chicken with goat cheese, roasted red peppers and spinach sandwhich with a side order of Sweet potato fries!) It was a great morning out. I'm quite excited for him to start the gymnastics class, how cute will he (and the other little 2-3yr olds) be rolling and tumbling into big pits filled with foam pieces and jumping on the trampoline?  He should have a ton of fun!!!  All things considering it hasn't been a bad week (I know it's only Thursday), I'm happy surgery is done and this is IT. Yes, he'll have to wear glasses somewhere down the road but we'll have no more surgeries to deal with, well at least no more surgeries on eye's anyways ;) It has been a pretty easy, somewhat quiet week with no plans but since he is doing so well, I think we will be at our playgroup tomorrow. It feels strange not doing much at all so it'll be nice to get out another day this week!

No comments: